Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A New Beginning and a Bittersweet End

Long and short of it: I am single again. I didn't really feel like broadcasting it though. It is a long story, but the jist is Mike just didn't want a commitment right now. He wanted a "break" but he told me he wouldn't promise me that we'd ever get back together. He also said that he doesn’t want to date anyone at all, just be free pretty much. He them promised we'd be friends, as in really friends and hang out, but then said it was "too soon". I don't want to date someone who doesn't want me anyway. I hope that someday we really can be friends, but right now he cannot handle it for whatever reason. We still care for one another, there wasn't anything wrong and it isn't some messy thing.

Don’t ask how I am doing, I am totally fine I assure you. Really and truly, I am happy and not sitting around moping. I’ve met some new friends at church! I am really thrilled about them, I missed being part of a group and having people around me that aren’t so worldly. I missed God a lot too, I’ve been slacking in that department for a while now and I discovered that the only way I am ever going to get what I want and be totally happy is to fall in love with God and let him take my worries and cares. Ever since then I’ve felt alive again. I am not waiting around like a pathetic puppy, I am living and making new friends. I am so blessed! If I didn’t have God and the gospel in my life I would be such a mess right now, but I know that everything I want I’ll receive as long as I put God first. I can achieve my wildest dreams and I don’t have to compromise! It is such a wonderful revelation and feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment